Friday 31 October 2008

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet

Halloween Goodies Safe Halloween

I overheard an undergrad talking earlier about what antics he intended getting up to tonight.  Eggs, flour and alcohol coupled with a vampire fancy dress outfit seemed to be the key ingredients he thought necessary for a good Halloween party.  I think him being scraped up off the pavement at some point by his buddies or the local constabulary was also very much on the cards.  Oh to be an undergrad again!  :-\

Following on from yesterday, I couldn't resist seeing what other goodies Devon and Cornwall police had made available for householders to download this Halloween.  I was particularly interested to read some of the tips they recommended to trick-or-treaters for a 'fun and safe' Halloween:

If you are wearing a mask, make sure that you can see where you are going and are aware of your surroundings.

Carry a torch and a fully charged mobile phone (if you have one). 

Oh the joys of being a modern trick-or-treater, eh?

4 comments:

  1. Someone twisted my rear windscreen wiper last night. I hate halloween :'(

    "I think him being scraped up off the pavement at some point by his buddies or the local constabulary was also very much on the cards." - haha ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andro, poor you and your poor car!

    I only had 1 knock on the door last night but saw some pretty horrific consequences of the parties that took place yesterday on my way to work this morning. I'll be blogging about that in the next couple of days. And I thought this was a (relatively) nice neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nearly had to be scraped off the pavement too... such is the life of undergrads!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a front door full of crazy string - it took AGES to get off!
    I'm totally with Andro - Halloween is HATEFUL!

    ReplyDelete